Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dermologica Skin Care Range?

I use proactiv at the moment and i have found it ok but it really does dry out my skin! I have heard dermologica is a good skin care range and was wondering if anyone could tell me about it, like how much it costs and there opinions on it? Thankyou.Dermologica Skin Care Range?
I use it and love it. Mid price range and I figure if my beautician sells it and uses it - it must be good...Dermologica Skin Care Range?
Proactiv main active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide. This chemical will not only dry your skin, a temporary problem, but will also age your skin. This is because the benzoyl peroxide works by releasing active radicals that will make the pore a bad environment for the bacterium involved in acne, Propionibacterium acnes. Unfortuntely, the free radicals will also oxidize the lipids in the cell mebranes, increase mutation rate, etc. Not a nice picture.





The following are ways of keeping acne under control while also gurading the health of your skin:





1) Keep sebum secretion under control using sea kelp bioferment, niacinamide and EGCG from green tea.


2) Normalize keratinization and prevent the exfoliated keratinocytes from sticking together, closing the pore. Go for white willow bark extract, which will also reduce inflammation. Other helpful actives are sulfur, retinyl acetate (or other retinoids). Chemical peels will also help but make sure that the glycolic and other acids are not neutralized using bases like sodium hydroxide, a common ploy used to impress consumers with high concentrations of acid that will do nothing because they have been converted into (useless) salts.


3) Decrease inflammation with actives like white liquorice extract. Avoid steroids, anti-inflammatories that everybody likes because they are so fast. With prolonged use they may cause skin atrophy and steroid acne.


4) Kill acne bacteria: tea tree oil, Coleus essential oil. Propolis should also work but many of our clients do not like the smell. Avoid benzoyl peroxide, which will kill bacteria but will also age your skin and increase the probability of skin cancer.


5) For men and women: inhibit the activity of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase using saw palmetto and wild yam extracts, this active will reduce skin androgens, reducing the frequency of acne lesions.





Good luck and best wishes





Hannah
Why not try Zenmed Sensitive Skin Care System from Zenmed or Autopalm from Skinstore.com





Zenmend has no side effects and it's non-irritant to the


skin. It's proven to works fast and it povides Maximum


results! It's certainly a good lotion to prevent further


outbreaks.





Another product that I think is effective is Autopalm. This


dry skin mlm is one of the best seller at skinstore.com now.


(Skinstore.com holds more than 10,000 skin care products) It's pretty effective, and worth the dollar paid out.





Here's are some good references:





Dry skin


http://www.dry-skin-care-guide.com/how-t鈥?/a>





Products that are effective to eliminate dry skin


http://www.dry-skin-care-guide.com/produ鈥?/a>
its woww but not as effective as proactive for pimples
Hi there, I have to say I also tried proactive and found it dried my skin out , it smelt relay bad and it made me break out even worse.. I'm 30 years old , I have tried so many products and nothing seemed to work.. that is till a friend of my introduced me to Arbonne, pure swiss skin care line.. it's available in canada as well as the states.. anyways I bought the acne kit for $60.00 and I have to say I noticed a difference in my skin with in the first week it's now been three weeks and my skin is almost clear.. It smells like peppermint it didn't dry my skin and it didn't make me break out. It's 100% guaranteed so if you find it doesn't work for you you can send it back and get your money back you can't go wrong.. I will give you the phone number 1-800 ARBONNE.. trust me this stuff realy works ..........good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin