Thursday, December 3, 2009

Skin care on Accutane?

I'm going to be starting Accutane on February 3rd (YAY!!!!!) and I'm wondering what specific skin care products I should invest in; like moisturizer, cleanser, etc...


Luckily, I already know about the Aquaphor for the dry lips, but does anybody have any other suggestions for products that I should have readily available to ensure that my skin, lips, and everything else are top notch?Skin care on Accutane?
Yes, it's worth it.


No one who has never had severe acne can understand why accutane is worth every bad side effect- and if you go blind, you weren't under good medical care.


The most important thing to do is be very gentle to your skin. I used Cetaphil cleanser (so gentle!) and didn't wear makeup, because washing makeup off would have irritated my skin. Drink lots of water and get enough fat in your diet to keep as hydrated and moist as possible. Use sunscreen! start shopping around now for a sunscreen that you can wear every day, all the time, if you don't already have one. Spf 30 or higher! And use it not just on your face, but on your body too.


I didn't have any hair issues, though some people do, you might need a hydrating shampoo, but don't worry about that until you get there.


Aquaphor is definitely amazing, I used to keep one in my pocket all the time.


Another thing I needed was to increase my fiber intake and avoid sharp foods, like chips. Your face isn't the only skin that gets dry and breaks easy on Accutane.


For moisturizing at night, I like Eucerin sensitive skin moisturizer, but I'm sure there are other things that work. Plain Nivea lotion should be fine too- anything that isn't scented and doesn't have any medications in it. Make sure you don't use any facial scrubs or anything with salycilic acid, benzoyl peroxide, etc. Your only medication should be the accutane.


Good luck, I hope it works well for you.Skin care on Accutane?
don't take it, its the horrable side effects. i have a cousin whos father is a dr and gave it to him, well --- lost most of his sight because of the side effects. it hit everyone different, but is it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin