Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm looking for a great skin care system.......?

I'm 52 years old, and my skin is oily, blotchy, and prone to breakouts. I've been using Proactiv, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.I'm looking for a great skin care system.......?
I think Philosophy makes a great line of basics. Purity cleanser, Hope in a Jar moisturizer (not too heavy for day or night) and Hope in a Tube for the eye and lip area. From there you can try some of their microdermabrasion products to help even out the blotchiness. Their goal is for their customers to have ';make-up optional skin';, and mine is.I'm looking for a great skin care system.......?
Avon's Anew line is really good and affordable.
I'm 21 with the same sort of skin... I've been using CO Bigelow (Bath and Body works sells it) for oily prone skin... It's a 3 part system with Foaming Facial Wash, Skin Toner, and a water based moisturizer... It's worked great for me... I think it's about $50 for the set, but I've only used half of each bottle in 3 months... So it's well worth the $$$
Definetly Dermaologica I firmly believe in it for all types of skin. I had adult acne 2 years ago and it was the only product that works my skin is brilliant now. I sell it in my own salon I believe in it that much. I would recommend you use the special cleansing gel as your wash and Active Moist as ur moisturiser you should then pick yourself and eyecream I would recommend Multivit eye and lip cream for ur age. Hope it helps
Hey...I'm 42, and used to break out too before I started using ARbonne products. I mix and match the NutriminC re9 anti-aging line and the ';Intelligence'; not-so-basic skin care system. No more break outs...or oily skin.


Oh...I also ordered the Mineral powder foundation. It's WONDERFUL! a lot like Bare Mineral's but about half the price! My skin looks fresh, clean, and kinda glowy.


The proactive is really harsh on your skin. My daughter was on that, and switched to Arbonne. No salycilic acid, and her skin cleared up in 3 days and feels moist!


Anyways..... I have samples of both of the skin care lines available for free. I would recommend you try the ';intelligence'; line first because it's self-balancing and your skin needs to heal.


Maybe later you might want to try the NutrminC Re9 line.


e-mail me if you like....I'd be happy to mail you a sample!


Lori
lancome is pretty good for girls but very expensive
my mother is 49 and has been raving about the oil of olay regenerist line. i have used some at times when i am at her house and i like how they arent harsh on your skin at all. i know they have a lot of products now to choose from. she also wants to try there new definity (i think thats the name) line.





i am 28 and prone to adult acne and i like neutrogena or clinique's acne line is good.





also for those pimples that u want vanished right away, i found l'occitane lavender water is good. u just dab it on the pimple with a qtip and it should be gone overnight or at least in two days or less.
Biotherm works fine for me. But beside skin care, U need to watch out what you eat as well. A clean body system will enhance your health and the look of your skin. Enough sleep + at least 6-8 cups of water. No chocolate and alcohol.....plus a lot of veggie in your diet.
Try Murad or Kiehls. Both are kind of pricey. But I had the same problem with Proactive. If you have rosacea or sensitive skin these two brands might work better.
I love Clinique's 3-Step. All of their makeup is hypo-allergenic too! There Turn-Around cream will also help with redness and blotchiness.





I too suffered from acne and after spending tons of cash on perscription stuff, I switched to this and am loving it!





I also had a dermatologist suggest Johnson and Johnson Purpose (http://www.purposeskincare.com/productGu鈥?/a> soap to wash and then put Cetaphil Gentle creme cleanser (http://www.cetaphil.com/products/Cleanse鈥?/a> on as a moisturizer and pat dry. I used this method all through my teens.





Hope this helps!
There are some useful tips here.
murad makes a anti-aging anti acne set...it's kind of expensive from them but you can find there stuff for a lot cheaper other places online. Mary Kay time wise makes has a oil free wash and moisturizer use that with a regular spot treatment of salicylic acid or benzol peroxide...I like salicylic acid personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin