Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gross skin care question?

I have started using apricot scrub for my acne a few weeks ago. My mom says the acne is getting better even though I still have a lot of pimples. But since i started using it there has been a ton of pus building up in my pimples, is this normal? It's really gross but my pimples have been popping like crazy and the stuff squeezes out from everywhere. Any other products you can recommend too?Gross skin care question?
ProActiv is supposed to work, that's why it's really expensive lol (no, my dad and my friends all say it works but I've never tried it myself). Also, Morning Bursts works-it's not a scrub but it has little beads that do the same thing (mostly) as a scrub, only they're way gentler on your skin. :)Gross skin care question?
Raw Shea Butter. Works great on pimpled skin. Lots of other uses too. Ask a retailer for it.
http://www.melaleuca.com/ Melaleuca Oil is the best thing for acne. This company has great products for the skin and acne. My son and I both use it and I have never found anything that works better.
never use a scrub on acne! Scrubs that contain shell pieces can cause openings in the skin that could lead to infection even without the acne. You are only going to aggravate the problem with a scrub. If you want to exfoliate use a chemical exfoliator (works with acids) not a mechanical one (has grit). Use a good balanced wash twice a day (more will dry out your face and your skin will send a signal to your brain saying too dry...need more oil and your problem gets worse) and use an oil free moisturizer/sunscreen. You could dab some tea tree oil on problem spots to aid in healing and it is antibacterial. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. Water will help you to detox. And try to avoid junk food........
Eeeee..! I wouldn't use a scrub on acne! Exfoliation works for dry thickened skin, and excess buildup... occasionally... but even if you do use an exfoliator, don't ever use it every day, it's much too harsh for your skin... especially on any acne, it will likely do more damage to the actual pimples than good...





I would honestly look into a less harsh cleanser, preferably not a scrub... I personally use Clinique foaming cleanser, and it works well for me!





Oh, and I've heard good things about the Murad acne line... if that helps.
  • Why is my cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    thin skin